Tomato Propagation Experiment

Well…..it’s not going so great with part of the “suckers” propagation trial.  I had to throw out all of the ones that were in water.  I used filtered water and changed it every 2 days but they still got stinky and slimy.  Ick.

Most of the ones that I put in clear Solo cups filled with potting medium crashed and burned.

The larger ones that I put in bigger pots have a few that are taking root.  I think I have 6-7 that are going to make it.  That’s not enough for my summer planting which I need to get in the garden next week but it’s a start.  If even half of them made it I would have plenty.

Oh, well…it was an experiment and I do think I’m going to have a few free plants.

SherylSigRedFinal2

Advertisements
Previous Post
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

  • More Than Four Walls

  • Follow Me on Pinterest

  • Free Motion Quilting Project

  • Thread Talk

  • Dream, Design, Create with EQ7