A Day Makes. I didn’t have a great day to start with but then things turned around. I was pretty tired all day until after Chris got home from work.
I walked out into the yard to visit with the chickens. They were happy to see me but sad that I didn’t bring treats. DH is working on the air-conditioning for the barn so we talked about that for a bit.
I’ve had this quilt on the frame since before my surgery and it seriously needs to be finished. I am so far behind in my UFO Challenge list that it’s plumb pathetic.
The only thing it needed is 2 borders and the 20 alternate blocks to be quilted. I quilted one of the borders and then got out my books to find a motif for those alternate blocks. I found one I like and put them on tracing paper. Keep in mind, I’ve never tried quilting with a design pinned to the block so this was an experiment. The first couple blocks were pretty pitiful but each block seems to be a little better than the last.
I’ve got to get more tracing papers done before I can go any further. If I could find my box of deli papers, I’d be in business. 🙂
I think I need a pair of “micro handles” for my set-up because trying to do a design using the regular handles doesn’t give enough control. I improvised by using the right hand on one of the regular handles and the left hand to guide the machine head by holding it above the needle. I don’t recommend this for anyone…but I’m brave. Lol.
So—one border down—one to go. 5 alternate blocks down—15 to go. Sounds like progress to me. 🙂