A few months ago, Judy had a “Quilt Along” on her blog and I got the quilt done except for the borders. She showed us what the quilt would look like but only posted parts of the instructions at a time. We had to show our progress to get the next part. I posted a picture of mine on this page.
Chris claimed this quilt from the very beginning. He loves the bright colors and the Bears Paw design.
I decided to finish it this week. I changed the pieced border but the rest of the quilt is true to pattern, and I even used striped fabric as Judy did . I need to learn to work with stripes (I buy them…I just don’t use them) and this was a great chance to do that. I even used fabric I had in my stash. I’ve started trying to work out of my stash…not because I have anything against adding new fabric…but because I’ve got so darned much!
Somewhere around 3 am this morning I finished the mitered border. I have to tell you that mitering borders isn’t my favorite thing but it’s not really so hard to do. It just takes a little extra concentration and since I’m a slow stitcher to start with….well, you get the idea.
I toyed with the idea of adding another pink frame and a final border of a companion print (from Pat Campbell’s Jacobean Rhapsody line) but the quilt is already 71″ x 86″ so I think I’ll leave it alone.
One of the pink framing strips isn’t like the rest of them. I started to put it on and realized that someone’s sharp clawed kitty had put holes in it while wrestling with it as it hung from the back of the chair. Grrrr…. Luckily I had a Marble Mate that was practically identical and it worked well. I know it’s there but someone else might not. Chris says it’s perfect just like it is. Lol.
Thanks for another wonderful pattern Judy. I hope you like what I did with mine.